As a result of the change of the postage stamp contract of 1st April, 1930, the Deparment required a new series of stamps of the higher denominations. The policy of depicting representative phases of the character of Canada was continued in the designs for this series. When the public complained about the large size of the 10-cent stamps, the Department reverted to the single-size for this denomination.
The Library of Parliament, Ottawa. This was the only part of the central building saved from the fire of February, 1916. The design draws attention to Canada's cultural development.