The hidden date for this stamp can be found along the right edge of the stamp.
A single commemorative stamp issued by Canada Post marks the 150th anniversary of the founding of Toronto's University of Trinity College.
The Early Days
Incorporated by an act of the Legislature of the Province of Canada on August 2nd, 1851, and opened on January 15th, 1852, Trinity College owes its existence to John Strachan, the first Anglican Bishop of Toronto. In 1904, Trinity College amalgamated with the University of Toronto, and eventually moved to the University campus at Queen's Park (now known as the St. George campus). In 1925, Trinity College moved to its present location on Hoskin Avenue. Today, the student body of the University of Trinity College numbers approximately 1,450.
One in this year's series featuring Canadian universities, the Trinity College stamp was designed by Semaphor Design Company Inc. of Halifax, with Steven Slipp as design principal. Featured is the 'new' building on Hoskin Avenue, and a vignette showing robed students on their day of graduation.